Whether shopping for a family member who lives across country or looking for a gift for the neighbors, find personal and personalized gifts for everyone on your list this year—without leaving the southwest metro. We shopped local boutiques, sought out work from local artisans and curated a collection of Minnesota goodies to find the perfect presents.
1. City of Eden Prairie street sign ($30). The City of Eden Prairie is selling its old signs to raise money for the Heritage Preservation Commission—check the city’s website to see sign availability;
2. Lake Riley papercut art ($40 for 8x10). Celebrate Lake Riley (or your favorite lake—custom-made work is available) with this papercut art from Crafterall.
3. Lotus Lake pillow ($68.95) and Zip Code pillow ($49). Throw pillows highlighting local landmarks and zip codes can make any house feel closer to home; Lotus Lake Gifts & Home Decor.
4. Lake Girl knit hat ($36.95). Let her wear her love for the land of 10,000 lakes with this fleece-lined knit hat; Lotus Lake Gifts & Home Décor
5. “Minnesota Cities” wall hanging ($100); ReclaiMNed in Waconia used reclaimed barn wood to create this piece—it can be customized to highlight your favorite Minnesota cities.
6. “Brewed in MN” ($30 to $500). The beer drinker in your life will enjoy this guide to local brews, which also serves as wall art—available in prints, magnets or pallet art; DoWhimsy.
7. Stained glass Minnnesota ($19.50). Perfect for a window or a Christmas tree—find them in a variety of colors; Homade.
8. Minnesota mug ($24). Handcrafted by Mocha Monkey’s owner, Jon Schmidt; Mocha Monkey.
9. Minnesota Swedish dish cloth ($6.95). Wet this cloth to make doing dishes a breeze; Jim Gilbert’s Wild Bird Store.
10. Sota Clothing T-shirts ($28). Super-soft T-shirts with Paul Bunyan as a hockey player and other tributes to Minnesota; Homade.
11. Hockey stick bottle opener ($15). Because when you’re tailgating outside the rink, only a hockey stick bottle opener will do; Homade
12. Mini bulldozer, Mini fire engine and duck racer from Plan Toys ($13.95-$15.95). Things will wheels are always a hit with the toddler set, and Plan Toys are exceptionally well-built; Jim Gilbert’s Wild Bird Store
13. Roll With It rolling pin ($18). A great reminder when attempting your first pie crust; Lotus Lake Gifts & Home Décor
14. Composition book ($13.95). This whimsical book is a perfect place for tweens to write their deepest feelings; Lotus Lake Gifts & Home Décor
15. No. 9 bubble bath ($28) & body lotion ($23.95). The unusual combination of figs, toasted sugar and sweet tobacco make for an especially pampering experience; Jim Gilbert’s Wild Bird Store
16. But First, Cocktails Candy Bento Box by Sugarfina ($28; Sugarfina bento boxes range from $23-$56). For grown-ups who never outgrew their sweet-tooth: Champagne gummy bears, Champagne bubbles and Peach Bellini gummies; Homade
17. Hand-painted silk tie ($59.95). For the man (or woman) who’s not afraid of making a flowery statement; Minnesota Landscape Arboretum Gift Shop.
18. Silk scarves ($99.95). Real leaves and blossoms are used to create the pattern on these beautiful scarves; Minnesota Landscape Arboretum Gift Shop
19. Chevron baby blanket ($38) and Momma & Me hat set ($26); Eden Prairie’s Brittany Wolf knits these soft, sweet blankets and hats; Kitty Knits Studio.
20. Fairy door ($16). Turn any tree into a fairy home with this adorable door made by Carver artist Suzanne Thiesfeld; Lotus Lake Gifts & Home Décor
21. Minnebites bag ($24.99). A little silly, yet lovable—someone on your list needs a fish-shaped pouch; Homade
22. Magpies mojito lotion and body scrub, and Goddess mist (Single products start at $12; gift baskets start at $30). Waconia’s Kris James and Cathy Jo Menssen have teamed up to create this new line of scented bath and body supplies. Unearthed Arts.
23. Fabric pouches ($12-$15). Perfect for anything from pencils to make-up to a shave kit, these fabric pouches are sure to come in handy; Lotus Lake Gifts & Home Décor
24. “Lupine II,” watercolor on wood ($80). Made by local artist Cathy Jo Menssen; Unearthed Arts
25. “Denim Flower” tile wall hanging ($35). Paula Wanker uses alcohol inks to create this unique piece; Unearthed Arts
26. SunLeaf Natural’s CedarMint candle in glass ($18). Like all of SunLeaf’s products, this candle is scented with 100 percent pure essential oils. It’s made from a hand-poured blend of candellia, coconut and beeswax, providing 40 hours of burn time; Jim Gilbert’s Wild Bird Store
27. “Lake” nail art ($40). Add a crafty touch to any room with this nail and yarn wall hanging; Homade