While neckties hold a firm spot on the Father’s Day gift go-to list, we scoured local shops for presents he’ll appreciate when he isn’t clocking hours in an office.
- Give big daddy a Big Mama. This top-water lure is a walk-the-dog style muskie temptress that features fire tiger coloring. ($34.99) Cabin Fever.
- Cigar smokers have a distinctive style. Add to the bravura with a La Aroma de Cuba, ceramic car with removable seats, which transform into a functioning ashtray. Product comes in black, red and turquoise. ($89.99) Churchills Quality Cigars and Gifts.
- Pump up the fun factor for your cyclist with Bontrager’s Super Charger Pump. The all-metal, durable air pump is easy to use, features universal compatibility and scores high on the snazzy factor. ($119.99) FreeWheel Bike.
- If cooking is on his hobby menu, consider a spicy olive oil and balsamic vinegar gift pack. Selections include Harissa, Baklouti green chili, cayenne and chipotle extra virgin olive oils and serrano honey and jalapeño balsamic vinegars. ($35.67 for six 60mL bottles) The Smiling Olive.
- Double the fun with reading and doing with Handy Dad: In the Great Outdoors. Author Todd Davis offers photo-heavy pages filled with tips for father-child activities, including creating daisy chain headbands, building a solar shower, panning for gold or creating leaf rubbings. ($24.95) Tazzie Baby + Child
- With warmer weather, it’s time to shed the heavy cocktails. Salute dad with a 750 ml bottle of Clase Azul reposado sipping tequila from Mexico. The high-quality spirit, made with 100 percent agave, comes in a handmade, display-worthy bottle. That staff at The Vintage calls it, “Smooooth. Several Os in smooth.” ($79.99) The Vintage.