Sangria is one of my favorite summer sippers. This drink recipe is easy to make and everyone loves it. Enjoy!
- 1 small honeydew melon, seeded, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 750-milliliter bottle Sauvignon Blanc or other semi-dry white wine, chilled
- 1 liter bottle club soda, chilled
- Fresh mint sprigs and/or leaves (optional)
In a large pitcher, combine melon, cucumber, lime and mint leaves. In a small bowl stir together lime juice and honey until combined; pour over melon mixture. Add wine, stirring gently. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
Stir in club soda. Pour into glasses. Garnish with additional mint. —Tana Wold, purchasing and events manager at City of Eden Prairie liquor stores.