This time of year offers an abundance of gift-giving events—baby and bridal showers, graduations, religious ceremonies, weddings, and Mother’s and Father’s Days, to name a few.
Coming up with a unique gift idea to suit the occasion can be a challenge. But before you “wrap and send,” consider personalizing your present with custom embroidery. Hoops and Threads in Chanhassen offers more than 200 thread colors and hundreds of fonts to choose from, making items extra unique.
Owner Nancy Lynch enjoys creatively assisting customers with new spins on personalizing gifts and other items. “I love when I can help a customer create a personalized gift,” Lynch says. “I start by asking questions and helping them select the right font and thread color to get ‘the look’ they want. The design process is one of the most fun parts of the job—that, along with the excitement a customer shows when seeing the finished product.”
Some customers come in with designs in mind. “People search Pinterest and Instagram for creative inspiration,” Lynch says. “Personalized items for bridal parties, graduation gifts and items for newborns seem to be the most popular. Matching and personalized Christmas pajamas for families have also been very popular the past few years.” Others need a bit of guidance, and Lynch has plenty of ideas for inspired giving, including:
- Beach towels: Boat lovers, cabin owners or folks who love a dip in any body of water appreciate personalized towels, featuring a boat's moniker or a cabin’s name.
- Bucket hats: Cover up, and be cute all at once! For bridesmaids’ gifts, a girls’ trip or for guests at a cabin retreat, save face (literally) with stylized sun protection.
- Christmas tree skirt and stockings: Regardless of what month the wedding is held, help the newly married couple celebrate their first Christmas with monogrammed Christmas décor that matches the home’s color scheme. (Check the registry for color clues.)
- Napkins: Perfect for a shower, wedding or hostess gift, elevate the fun factor of cloth napkins with sayings, including Bon Appétit, Food is Love, Gather, Give Thanks, Let’s Eat, etc.
- Packing cubes and cosmetic/shaving bags: Whether gifting a graduate, a new couple or a traveler in your life, these traveling staples are ideal for personalization.
- Pillowcases: One customer took an often repeated quote from a late relative, "Live each day," and had it embroidered on pillowcases for family members. Consider: Good Morning, Sunshine; Hello, Gorgeous; Rise and be Divine, etc.
- Pillows: Newlyweds can always use new comfy chair/sofa pillows. Find out their home’s color scheme, and make note of their wedding date, new family name or something related to the couple.
- Sleeping bags: The staple of any sleepover (apart from snacks!), personalize a sleeping bag with the child’s name or Sleep Tight, Sweet Dreams, Zzzz, etc.
- Towels: Who doesn’t love a fresh towel set? College-bound students appreciate sets in their new school colors, and having their initials/names embroidered on the towels make them even more identifiable in a dorm’s crowded laundry room.
Hoops and Threads also offers custom work for business apparel and local school letter jackets.
Hoops and Threads
527 W. 78th St., Chanhassen